Friday, December 23, 2005

There is no better time

There is no better time to write down goals than now. Do not wait until tomorrow because tomorrow will never come. The year is also coming to an end, so it is a perfect time to make new year resolutions. If you haven't already written your goals down and you haven't by the end of the year, I'm afraid you might never write them down.

A few points to remember when writing down goals:

  • Make them detailed. Instead of 'I will become rich', say 'I will have 3 million dollars in net assets by 2007, and own a mansion on the coast.'
  • Ask yourself: ' When will I know that I have reached my goal? What will I feel, see or hear? What would be sufficient evidence that I have reached my goal?' These questions are like keeping score. Otherwise you may never know when you have reached your goal.
  • Make sure your goal is compatible with your dream. Your dream is the final station in life. It is the ultimate goal, in a sense.
  • Don't be scared to reach for the stars. Mediocre goals call for mediocre effort. Goals are meant to stretch your limits and it is impossible to know your potential limits until you have tested them. There is a lovely saying: Reach for the moon, if you miss you'll fall amongst the stars.

Ok there you have it. Goals on a silver platter and now its up to you to take action. I'll be in Melbourne over Christmas so I won't post for a week.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments: